Blog / TreeDBNotes / How to make portable version of TreeDBNotes notes manager
How to make portable version of TreeDBNotes notes manager
TreeDBNotes program uses a default folder which is set by the operating system. Modern operating systems, especially starting with Windows Vista impose stringent restrictions on the configuration of folders and files.This improves overall stability and security of the operating system, but it gives users some inconvenience. Especially when switching to another operating system or transfer data to another computer.
For maximum portability, you can make a special version (Portable or Flash version) using the menu command: "Tools / Copy program onto a flash drive"
Main menu: Tools / Copy program onto a flash drive
You can configure some folders in the program options: "Tools/Program Options/Folders.
One of the main advantages of the program is mobility and easy portability. All necessary data is stored in one file (notes, contacts, passwords, list, and attachments). Enough to take on the road or to work just one file and you will always have all necessary information at hand.
Portable Notes manager software
When you create a portable version of our notes manager just select the folder where to copy the program. A folder can be both hard disk and a flash drive.
After that a portable version of the program will be created which includes all necessary files to run the program in the same folder that you specified.
- A portable version of the program is not as dependent on the operating system and computer. This version can be moved and run on any computer.
- A portable version does not require any external files and stores the settings in INI files in its own folder.
- A portable version does not move or synchronize your documents. Care should be taken about this.
- You can use portable version of our notes manager at: Home, Office, Travel, Business trip ...
- Do not download the portable version of our notes manager from other sites. It may be dangerous.